The electric driven BRE locomotive is just like the diesel driven BRD locomotive a Bemo Rail design. This shunting locomotive is driven electrically and is provided with energy by means of batteries. The battery has a capacity for at least one full day of operation. Also this locomotive can be adjusted in accordance with all wishes and is manufactured in Bemo Rail’s own construction hall. Besides the battery variety there is also a version with power supply through a cable reel or conductor lines. KRE is the compact version of the BRE locomotive.
Characteristics Shunting locomotives
- Continuously variable speed control from ‘0’.
- Very smooth start off with particularly favourable slip limit because of absence of peak forces.
- Standard Bemo-locomotive operation, specifically designed for use under heavy circumstances.
- Trembling and temperature resistant.
- Manually and/or radio remote controlled, if required with explosion proof encapsulation.
- Accelerating and braking in accordance with pre-adjusted curves as a result of which:
– Always very steady behaviour (reaction) of the rail shunter.
– Incorrect control is virtually impossible.
– Consequently any operator can work with the rail shunter.
Environment and Health and Safety regulations
- Limited noise level.
- Very little fuel consumption.
- Clean diesel engines.
- Electrically or hybrid driven.
- Ergonomic accessibility for operation and service.
- Emergency buttons on all corners of the machine, especially in combination with radio remote control.
- Integration of gas detection in control system, with application in Ex zones (optional).
- Security with additional approach / reflection switches (optional).
- Excellent view from the cabin.
- All shunting activities can be carried out by one operator.
- Simply controllable operation system.
- Conveniently arranged graphical display for service status and maintenance (GUI).
- High-quality components are standard, e.g. A-class engines.
- Overall spring axle suspension with fully closed reductors, resulting in:
– Reduction of damage to switches.
– Reduction of derailment risk.
- Long technical life.
- Short delivery times for components.
- No special lubrication pit necessary.
- Daily maintenance can be carried out by the company’s own technical service.
- Intervals are adjusted as optimally as possible, dependent on the application.
Besides the standard UIC wagon-screw couplers, numerous automatic shunting couplers can be applied, among which AAR buckle-head couplers.
Virtually all shunting locomotives are provided with a pneumatic installation for (wagon) brake systems, also to control the various components. Compressor output, tank capacity and version are chosen on the basis of the locomotive’s utilization.
Worldwide various track gauges are applied. Besides the track gauge of 1435 mm generally applied in Europe there are also broad and narrow gauge tracks in various sizes. The shunting locomotives can be supplied in every track gauge.